Monday, November 11, 2013

Highland fling


My sewing machine has been sitting vacant for a while now and life has just been quite busy and blogging has been far from my mind so again i am sorry for neglecting you BLOG!!

Winter has arrived and along with it a desire to sew........and shop!!!
I love new seasons to browse the array of catalogues that come streaming through my letter box and drool over the latest Boden or Joules designs and then I go in search of (The look) for less!!

I spotted this dress from Joules but by the time I had pondered over purchasing it it had sold out in my size


This is when the sewing machine came out and the hunt for fabric began!! My other half suggested I just sew a couple of tea towels together to get the same effect but then what does he know of fashion!!! Although I did actually give it some thought as they had some rather wonderful tea towels on line!!! ( I jest)

We have a little sewing shop in our town and it stocks some rather old-fashioned fabrics so I did not hold out a great deal of hope that I would find the right thing,but then I guess its rather a dated fabric with a trendy twist so I was lucky to find a wool blend in a traditional tartan design at a mere £4.00 per meter....result!!!

I was in too much of a rush to buy a pattern so i just cut out the material from a dress i already had that was a lose fit and my finished result was this

 I put the zipper on the outside to give it that Joules feel
 I think this will look great with a shirt,maybe a denim

french seams to finish it off!!!

Right I am off for project number 2!!!



No comments:

Lucy Mai

Lucy Mai
Here is Lucy Mai the baby of the family she loves playing with her brother ans sister and has the most wonderful smile that you ever did see

Daniel

Daniel
Daniel is a very cheeky loving boy who loves his cars and trains and anything boy!!! He is very keen on dressing up army right now and is the most loving little fella

Megan

Megan
Megan a little ray of sunshine who lights up a room,she loves all things girly and shopping for shoes,she is a book worm and currently reading Harry Potter

Rebecca

Rebecca
My big girl all grown up now and loves life and is looking forward to moving in with her boyfriend and making a beautiful new home

The daddy,Andrew

The daddy,Andrew
My wonderful Andrew who looks after his family and is the best daddy ever

The mummy me

The mummy me
I am the one who keeps the home front running and I love to be at home with my children and look after our home.I love photography,reading crafts and of course shopping
Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
Here is a place where we can come and add ANYTHING that makes us happy