Monday, January 28, 2008

Hospital appointment

I have been waiting to see Lucys Endriconoligist and today was the day.
I am hoping to get her on to growth hormone treatment and that is not in question for her condition but the timing is as in this country it is not usually given until at least a child is 18 mths ranging to 3 years in many cases.
Lucy is the ripe old age of 16 weeks and I want her to start it yesterday!!!!

In USA they have been giving it to babies from diagnosis and these children seem to do so well.
I have looked up so much info on it and seen first hand photos of children doing very very well and I feel that Lucy is already missing out,she has very little upper body movement due to poor muscle tone and although those little legs are not too bad she cant do much till she can hold her head up.

Outcome of today was good..............Im not jumping up and down just yet as I didnt come out clutching a prescription for it but my lovely Dr Datta has asked me to send him some info on reported findings of early intervention.

I did have shed loads of info.......on my old computer!!!!!

I came home rang UK prader willi association they didnt have any info on early startso I rang USA and she emailed me lots of info from all over world and I have now sent this to Lucys doctor and that will keep him busy reading for the next week or so.

I am to meet with Dr Datta again as he has asked me to attend another hospital along with Lucy for research.

I was shown the injection choices and feel that I will go for the pen type rather than the syringe as it looks less scary and comes with different coloured cases (A must for any fashionable baby)

All in all I feel happy as it seems like Lucy will start her gh sooner than later

No comments:

Lucy Mai

Lucy Mai
Here is Lucy Mai the baby of the family she loves playing with her brother ans sister and has the most wonderful smile that you ever did see

Daniel

Daniel
Daniel is a very cheeky loving boy who loves his cars and trains and anything boy!!! He is very keen on dressing up army right now and is the most loving little fella

Megan

Megan
Megan a little ray of sunshine who lights up a room,she loves all things girly and shopping for shoes,she is a book worm and currently reading Harry Potter

Rebecca

Rebecca
My big girl all grown up now and loves life and is looking forward to moving in with her boyfriend and making a beautiful new home

The daddy,Andrew

The daddy,Andrew
My wonderful Andrew who looks after his family and is the best daddy ever

The mummy me

The mummy me
I am the one who keeps the home front running and I love to be at home with my children and look after our home.I love photography,reading crafts and of course shopping
Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
Here is a place where we can come and add ANYTHING that makes us happy